COMFORTS OF HOME PET SITTING
ABOUT COMFORTS OF HOME PET SITTING
Comforts of home is a new service offering an alternative option for pet care to the Eveleth and surrounding areas. It is well established in the Duluth area and throughout the state of Minnesota.
MEET THE PET SITTER
Judith D Koski is a mom and grandmother to twin girls. A pet mom to 52 pet kids throughout her adult life. Caring for dogs, cats, birds, fish, rabbitts and 1 chinchilla.
She was one of the many volunteers in the mid 80's who worked to establish the present day Mesabi Humane Society, volunteering for 8 years as a foster home, kennel worker, board of directors and on fundraisers.
The pet sitter has obtained knowledge through self-study in animal behavior, hands on experience with 2nd hand pets, and studying animal nutrition when nutrition was not a hot topic as it is today.
Judy is retired from her first career in the beauty field, but now feels the time is right to care for furkids in their own home, where they feel safe and secure until the pet parent returns.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PET SITTING OVER OTHERS?
- Pets are not traumatized by travel. ie>.cats and separation anxiety pets
- Pets are not exposed to illness of other animals.
- You do not impose on willing/non willing family, friends, or relatives
- Your home is looked after which provides crime-deterrent
- Your pet receives one on one TLC
Pet sitters are used when pet owner goes on vacation, travel for business, work long hours, or when they are too sick or injured to care for their pet(s).
Pet sitters provide a variety of tasks including:
- Feeding the pets and changing their water bowls
- Exercise and play time (may include walking the dog)
- Cleaning litter boxes, cages, and any other messes found
- Administer pet medications if needed
- Always provides lots of TLC!
- Bring in the mail, newspaper, and any other task that may be acceptable